It’s tax season, business is starting to pick up in preparation for Spring and we have a new product available! Because of this and our increasing portfolio of active customers, we are busier than ever. To help handle the call volume and needs of our customers we will be adding more personnel to improve our service times. We appreciate all of your feedback so please keep letting us know how we are doing!The launch of our new Signature Pad for Check-Inn
has been very successful! Already many properties are recognizing the benefits of going green. Printing and storage costs keep increasing while the ability to store records electronically has become easier and more efficient. Most of the properties that have purchased the Signature Pad have chosen to use it for folios and many of them also use it for credit card processing receipts. You can watch our Signature Pad demo video
to see how it works or contact us
for more information!This Winter has certainly been a weather roller coaster. Because of this we have had an unusually high number of support calls related to needing help due to a power outage. We strongly
recommend installing a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) on every computer at your business. A UPS provides emergency power when your main power fails and many of them also provide surge protection. It can provide near-instantaneous protection in the event of a power outage. The consequences of experiencing a power outage without a UPS can be:
- Loss of all data
- Damage to data
- Damage to hardware
- Damage to other parts of the computer system
Any of these problems can result in time, money, and data loss, irate guests, and frustrated employees. Most UPS options available are relatively inexpensive and can save hours of time trying to recover and/or fix problems. You will also save money that would otherwise be paid to local computer repair technicians to fix broken systems and replace damaged parts. Please contact Innsoft Support if you have questions about our recommendations.
Other recommendations that will help maintain the overall health and stability of your computer systems are:
- Check that both of your backups are turned on and are being saved to active drives.
- Install and regularly run anti-virus software. Even if you do not regularly connect to the internet.
- Install security updates on a regular basis.
- If you are running Windows XP or older, update to a more recent, supported operating system.
- It is recommended to replace the battery in your UPS once every three years (depending on the UPS).
- Consult with a local technician regarding a maintenance schedule for your computer systems.